For Ohio Regional Events check: NAohio.org.
- This event has passed.
3 subcommittee meetings, same day, same location! Come get your service on!
November 5 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Hey Central Ohio peeps! Check out three of your Area Subcommittees! Same day, same location!
PR and WSR will get started at 1:05 (the library opens at 1pm, so give us a little time to get set up) and H&I starts at 2pm.
We will meet on Sunday, November 5th at the Columbus Metro Library Northside Branch, at 1423 N High St, Columbus, OH 43201. Come by for part of it or for the whole time.
Here are some of the ways your committees have been carrying the message!
PR – Public Relations
- Maintains the Area website, which gets almost 150 visitors every day
- Shares the NA program with future doctors through presentations at local medical schools
- Coordinates with the Ohio Dept of Corrections to provide NA eLiterature to incarcerated Ohioans
WSR – Writing Steps for Recovery
- Through working with the Ohio Dept of Corrections, we reach out to and encourage incarcerated Ohioans to contact our Area Office and get paired with an NA member on the outside
- Responds to the first three letters from an incarcerated individual, providing them with lots of NA love, NA resources, and short assignments related to the 12 Steps
- Pairs NA members with the incarcerated after receipt of the 4th letter, and keeps the process anonymous by facilitating letter delivery between the incarcerated and the step guide
H&I – Hospitals & Institutions
- Carries the message to 10 institutions such as jails and prisons
- Share the NA message and personal recovery at 11 treatment centers
- Coordinates with the Ohio Dept of Corrections to provide virtual meetings to incarcerated Ohioans
Go to NACentralOhio.org and click on Service Committees for more information!